Hello dear friends! I figured it's about time to fill ya'll in on my life since leaving Arizona. Sorry if it's not new news to some of you :)
God is working through my open schedule for sure. I have been able to volunteer my time to my parents and friends and help them paint walls, tear down wallpaper, pull weeds, etc. Basically I realized- after spending a week just hanging out- something unpleasant about myself: when I have no immediate goal to work towards or direction to shoot for, I'm incredibly lazy. Not ok with me. So I decided to search for projects to fill my time for now, and lo and behold, projects abounded! Ps: abounded? Is that a word? Hmm... sounds odd.
I've also been able to make appts for the dentist (wisdom teeth are coming out on the 22nd *ugh*) and I'm currently working on an appt with an eating counselor. I felt so accomplished today after calling my insurance and then leaving messages for a couple counselors. Haha, I haven't even talked to one about the acutal issue and I feel like I cleared a hurdle-- I feel like that's a good sign!
On the relationship front, Matt and I are dating again! It's been surprising and awesome to see how God has worked/is working through this. I wasn't planning on us being together when I got home, let alone so quickly. I felt hesitant and conflicted on the drive home thinking about it, but at the same time I felt God softening my heart towards the idea. Once at home, we had multiple opportunities to hang out right away, and I found that my expectations were all out of whack. In short, I had thought him to be one way, only to discover that while I wasn't looking, God had changed and expanded and stretched him. Or maybe it was me He changed. All I know is that what was once comfortable and put on hold by God has become exciting and new. What a mysterious blessing!
If you are the praying type, I could use prayer for my focus to be on Jesus, and my love and commitment to be to him while I'm in this stage of my life. Also for church community (Matt and I have gone to a couple college groups nearby, and one of them has continued events throughout the summer), and for patience. Thanks :)
Love and miss you all! xoxo
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Update!
Posted by Lauren Elise at 4:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i'll be praying you find a sweet community where you can get in trouble with the cops with! :)
hou van je
ren!
umm. i should never find out about things through your blog. i need to call you for sure...seeing as how you apparently have plenty of time, it shouldn't be a problem.
anyway. miss you super a lot.
-krys
Post a Comment